Wednesday, June 3, 2015

in-laws visit

The in-laws were in town over Memorial Day weekend.  Here's a recap!
Still playing catch-up.
At the Butterfly Pavilion








Gardening with Grandma



Always laughs and smiles with Grandpa

My in-laws were in town for Memorial Day weekend.  I really enjoy when they visit because things are always super easy.  Mary brought a couple more super cute dresses she made for Helena!  Marty and Chris were suppose to go play golf, but Colorado weather has been unseasonably cold and rainy, especially for the end of May (thankfully this week we are in the 80’s!).  We took a trip down to Cherry Creek, had dinner at a hibachi restaurant, and went to The Butterfly Pavilion.  It was this weekend when Helena started getting sick with a bad cold, and we also had her 1 year photo’s taken.  Chris was up with her Friday and Saturday night, and I was up with her Sunday night.  You could tell she was exhausted, and she just wanted to be cuddled and get some good sleep.  Every time we would go into her room she was immediately fall asleep while rocking in her chair, but put her back down in her crib she would only sleep for about 30 – 40 minutes before she was crying again.  I think she just couldn't get comfy.  After going in and out of her room 3 times before 2am on Sunday I stayed with her from 2am – 4:30am on Sunday night (early Monday morning).  I think Helena wanted to remind us of her newborn days from a year ago!  Ha!  She is thankfully on the mend now and back to sleeping through the night (and eating more), I just feel so bad that’s she been so sick.  (A stomach bug in April, and this horrible cold in May into June.) 

1 comment:

Emily said...

That first picture cracks me up! She doesn't look too thrilled with whatever you're showing her, ha! Poor thing, I'm sorry she's been so sick. I hate it when my babies get sick. I feel like Finn has been nothing BUT sick since he was born. Ugh.